Learning The Fundamentals
This entry level class will create the foundation you need to become really good at knowing how to use fondant.
No More Struggling With Half Baked Online Tutorials. We provide a fun, instructive environment that gives you simple techniques for creating fabulous looking cakes!
This Is A Hands On Class in which you will learn tried and true baking techniques, preparation of quick and easy fillings, the How To’s of a luscious buttercream that uses no Icing Sugar.
You will also work your way through the process of torting, filling and icing a perfectly level cake ready for decorating. We will then move on to making a great tasting fondant and properly covering a cake with it. But wait, we aren’t stopping there. We will follow up with not one but TWO ways to achieve sharp, crisp fondant edges. Finish this off with simple decor and there you have it, the cake you’ve always dreamed of making.
In addition to leaving with cake, you will have procured enough skill to create beautiful boutique style cakes that are delicious as well as eye pleasing. This course is perfect for beginners to cake decorating.
In this class you will learn
- Recipe preparation and cake baking
- Easy and decadent fillings
- Preparation of Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Leveling and torting Cakes
- Masking, icing and filling
- Buttercream – Smooth straight sides and crisp edging
- Acrylic Disc method for perfect icing coverage
- Making and colouring great tasting Rolled Fondant
- Covering a cake with fondant
- Two special techniques for crisp, sharp fondant edges and perfectly smooth sides
- Simple and elegant fondant decor
- Each participant will take home their own fully Decorated Cake and a Fundamentals booklet containing the class recipes and references
- A box will be provided to carry home your cake
What to bring:
*Indoor shoes* You will be working with food and to keep the environment clean we cannot allow outdoor shoes and boots in the bakery or classroom.
All tools, supplies, and materials will be provided